The Business Data Catalog Definition Editor provides a visual tool for creating an Application Definition for BDC in MOSS 2007. Features include:
- Underlying XML is abstracted by the design surface and properties window
- Drag and drop web methods, tables, or views to create line of business (LOB) connections.
- Entities and methods are created automatically from database metadata and WSDLs.
- Additional method instances can be added to further enhance the database or web service connection.
- Method instances can be tested from within the tool, enabling incremental development of LOB connections
Once the SDK has been installed, go to <%Program Files%>\2007 Office System Developer Resources\Tools\BDC Definition Editor\readme.html for instructions on installing and using the tool.